sun and surf

Monday, May 21, 2012

{photo credit}

this past weekend my roommate and i and several of our friends from south carolina met up at the beach for a couple of days. we spent a lot of time relaxing but also managed time for...

dining out local.
playing in the waves.
battling traffic with approximately 5 million bikers because it was bike week. of course it was.
mini golf.
homemade (from a box) sweet potato pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast.
card games.
bud light lime.
morning run past the pier and back.
chicken fights in the pool.
blasting justin bieber with the windows down.
late night ocean swim.
shopping at the outlets.
sbux for the drive home.

the weather was overcast and chilly on saturday, but that was just fine with me. i love the beach when it's slightly cloudy and looks like a storm is brewing. it makes me feel like something exciting is about to happen.

our hotel balcony was on the 14th floor and overlooked the ocean. it was a pretty amazing view. the ocean is really good at putting me in my place. when i see how great and giant and vast it is, i feel pretty small. i realize that my life and my problems are not as big as i think they are. i am also reminded just how great and giant and vast God and His love for me are.

"how deep the Father's love for us,
how vast beyond all measure
that He should give His only Son
to make a wretch His treasure."
-stuart townend


how did you spend your weekend?





1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to go to the beach. Which one did you visit?!

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground