pumpkin butterscotch cookies

Friday, October 14, 2011

{photo credit: me}

two recipe posts in a row? whaaat. it's been a while since i've done a cookie post. like a good three weeks. which is weird because, in the past three weeks, i've eaten cookies probably every day. my priorities are in tip-top shape.

priority list
1. the baking and consuming of cookies
2. making friends with people who own washers/dryers 
(proud to say i haven't paid for a load in months.)
3. brushing my hair

i found this recipe in midtown magazine. it's a pretty high society magazine. 80% of the advertisements are for plastic surgery. the other 20%, for clothing boutiques that cater to women who weigh 95 lbs or less. i don't know how it ended up in my hands. i'm just glad it did. 

i made the first batch for my small group, and the girls loved them. sure, they're pretty tasty just by themselves, but do you know what makes every cookie 100 times better? being calorie free? duh! second best? frosting in the middle!

lately, i have a weird obsession with turning every cookie into a sandwich cookie. i can't help it. if i have cookies in the house, i look for some kind of frosting or jam to put in between to make my sugar rush all the more intense. cookies make me ca-razay. the recipe for the pumpkin dip didn't come from midtown magazine. you think rich people eat instant pudding mix? i found it somewhere on the web, and i promise it wasn't pinterest. ok, maybe it was.

cookie ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag butterscotch chips

cookie preparation
cream together the butter and sugar. add the egg, vanilla and pumpkin puree. stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. add butterscotch chips. drop tablespoon sized cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

pumpkin dip ingredients
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 tub cool whip

pumpkin dip preparation
combine vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin puree, and cool whip together. enjoy immediately or chill before serving.

{photo credit: me}


{photo credit: me}


{photo credit: me}
{photo credit: me}


{photo credit: me}


{photo credit: me}

 oh, glorious can-o-pumpkin. you are a true gem.

1 comment:

  1. i am the first!!!! love your added comments sassy girl. bringing any sunday???

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground