mum's visit day one!

Friday, October 26, 2012

{photo credit: me}

my mom and i got to spend two fun-filled days together last week. it was so nice to have some time with her to myself. we like a lot of the same things (coffee shops, thrift stores, used book stores, wine), so we pretty much agreed on all of our activities. there was only one major meltdown during the entire weekend when my mom found out that my roommate and i don't have cable. i poured her another glass of wine, and she was just fine. 

{photo credit: me}

she came up on friday and we meet in raleigh at one of my favorite coffee shops, the third place, for some morning fuel and banana bread. we spent a few minutes catching up and taking pictures of ourselves with our coffee cups. 

{photo credit: me}

after our java, we wandered around the five points area and stopped at a couple shops along the way including nofo @ the pig and a cute writer's studio/bookshop loft we found on the main street. the address for the bookshop is a half address. (2008 1/2 fairview road) half addresses are the cutest thing on the planet next to puppies who have not grown into their oversized paws.

{photo credit: me}

my mom has heard me talk about ornamentea incessantly, so we stopped there for some jewelry supplies and free chocolate and coffee. there was a class going on in the back and people working on projects at the craft table in the front of the store. lots of creative juices flowing. just how i like it. next up was some time for thrifting! there is a great goodwill in downtown raleigh on hargett street (go there if you are ever in raleigh), so off we went. my very patient mother waited while i tried on 35 articles of clothing and then decided only two of those worked. she even bought the two things for me. she's a saint, i tell ya. a saint. 

{photo credit: me}

by this point it was late in the afternoon and we hadn't stopped for food since our morning banana bread. we both love the hot bar/salad bar at whole foods and there is one conveniently located right on the way back to my apartment. we like to grab a to-go box and load it up with all kinds of sides and salad toppings. the more flavors, the better! 

the rest of the day/evening was spent relaxing at my apartment, happy hour by the pool, pizza and gelato in our pajamas, and a redbox on the couch. what a good, full day. stay tuned for day two where we basically do the same things as day one.

  

2 comments:

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground