mum's visit day two!

Monday, October 29, 2012

{photo credit: me}

my mom and i started day two off with a trip to guglhupf for some delicious coffee and morning carbs. this place is amazing. they have a restaurant where you can get great lunch and breakfast entrees, expresso beverages, and desserts, but they also have a bakery where you can get all kinds of hot and fresh baked goods.

{photo credit: me and mum}

the weather was gorgeous, so we sat outside on the patio and enjoyed our breakfast in the warm morning sun. ah, morning coffee. nothing better.

{photo credit: me}

after our tummies were fat and happy, it was off to explore. we stopped at a few cute shops along main street in carrboro including this and that gift gallery and vespertine. these places always have a lot of cute little gifts, perfect for stocking stuffers. the rest of the afternoon was spent sampling foods at southern season, thrifting, perusing the shelves at trader joes, and a wine tasting at 3cups.

{photo credit: mum}

our last stop was pumpkin shopping! we took pictures with mr. jack-o-lantern and picked out some pumpkins for my porch. such a fun two-day-date with my momma! there's nothing like time spent with her.

{photo credit: me}

after my mom left, i found she had hidden little presents around my apartment. only a mom can get away with giving a toothbrush as a gift. 

momma, thank you for coming to visit me and for all the fun we had! i love you to infinity and beyond. 



1 comment:

  1. i LOVE your mom! have breakfast with her every wednesday (or when she shows up) and she is the best. glad y'all had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground