back in the game

Saturday, March 1, 2014

{photo credit}

the magical internet guy came to my house today and with the wave of his wizarding wand, ALA-KAZAAM, my internet was fixed. i love him.

i have had a rather nice bloggy break. there were a few moments of frustration, but overall it was nice to have a quiet apartment without the buzzing of the internet. instead of browsing pinterest before bed, i read books. instead of checking my email with my morning coffee, i spent time writing in my prayer journal. instead of watching hulu after work, i crafted.

but before i lead you guys on any further into thinking i am super virtuous, i did miss the world wide web. that's why i have been simultaneously downloading music and watching parks and rec for the past hour. how sweet it is.

oh, and just FYI. we switched to frontier as our internet provider because time warner cable is the absolute worst in the whole world. and that is putting it very, very nicely.

8 comments:

  1. I really like taking a break from everything but it has to be voluntarily.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hear you. yeah, this was sort of voluntary (switching internet carriers), but i didn't anticipate that the lapse in time between the two providers would be quite so long. bah! it's good to be back in this little space. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yay welcome back to the internet world! Unplugging does feel so nice every once in a while. I just decided to deactivate my facebook until spring break next week because homework has gotten NUTS and I love facebook. It's been weird but honestly so freeing.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good for you! there is this little hole that taking a break from the internet leaves. it was just second nature to me to come home and flip open my laptop! it's like knowing your power is out but switching the light on anyway. doh! hope you can focus without the HUGE distraction that is facebook. i believe in you. :-)

      Delete
  3. Ha ha! It sounds like you had a fabulous blogger break: reading, coffee, and prayer journals are lovely ways to spend your time! But I'm glad that your back on the internet- we've missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, well i have missed you guys! i missed writing my posts but, even more, i missed reading what you guys were up to! playing catch up has been fun.

      Delete
  4. I would miss the internet too! what do you think of Frontier? and how did you get it since Time Warner "owns" the cable lines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that frontier is up and running, i LOVE them. even when things were frustrating with getting my connection set up, their customer service was so above TWC's "customer service". just call frontier and see if they provider service to your address. that's the first step. if you are in their service range, they will get you all set up! #thumbsup

      Delete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground