dates with kelly

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

{photo credit}

in the past two weeks i have been on two GREAT dates. OMG! DATES! ok, don't get too excited. they weren't with my future prince charming-dennis quad wasn't available when i called-but my friend kelly really knows how to have a good time. she even paid for my coffee. that makes it an official date, i'm pretty sure. 

{photo credit: me}

last tuesday, we went to one of my favorite coffee shops in raleigh, the third place. before i moved here, my mom and i would occasionally drive up from southern pines for the day. the third place was always our first stop. we needed liquid energy before we hit the town. the atmosphere is nice and cozy, and, hello, they make leaf shapes out of the foam. what you're looking at is my nutella latte. kelly got a festive (and more delicious) eggnog latte. i guess i'll just have to make another visit to get my own. if i have to. 

after coffee, we headed to ornamentea for a try-it tuesday project! every tuesday, ornamentea features a different jewelry craft for only $3. you can make as many as you like and all the materials, supplies, and tools are provided for you. i'm a cheap date. 

{photo credit: me}

kelly and her tongue hard at work.


{photo credit: me}

ring-a-ling!


{photo credit: me}

our finished pretties. i might give this as a christmas present. to myself. 


{photo credit}

since we enjoyed our time together so much, we made plans for a second date (second date!) to grab cupcakes at the new daisycakes location in durham. daisycakes was a mobile cupcakery, selling out of an airstream trailer, up until about a month ago. they just opened a sweet little cafe and bakery in downtown durham where they serve cupcakes (obvs), pastries, coffee, and savory foods.

{photo credit: me and kelly}


{photo credit: me}

banana cake with caramel frosting and
vanilla dream with rainbow jimmies. 

{photo credit: me}


{photo credit: kelly}

i think i look best in photos when i'm wearing my pj/gym clothes, and i'm about to eat something wonderful. photograph your subjects in their natural environments, right?


{photo credit: me}

kelly is the best. i really hope she asks me out again.

p.s. if you live in the raleigh/durham area, make sure you head to daisycake's website to get a coupon for a FREE cupcake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground