happy father's day (continued)!

Monday, June 20, 2011

{photo credit: me}

although, father's day is technically over, i am blessed to have another man in my life who deserves to be honored. my step-dad, dale, is an incredible husband to my mom and an amazing role model and father figure to me and my brothers.

he and my mom started "dating" when i was in college, and, i have to admit, i was a little wary. who did he think he was coming onto the scene and stealing my mom's heart?! i didn't like him at first (it's true), but it didn't take long to see that he was a true gentleman and in serious love with my mom. i have grown to love dale so very much over the last seven years. now, i can't imagine my life without him.

he is genuinely kind and giving. he makes super delicious granola from scratch. he and my mom like to go yard saling together. this is one of his favorite youtube videos. his love for the Lord is very apparent. he can cook pork in a dozen different ways (pulled pork, grilled pork, boiled pork, baked pork loin...) he leaves sweet notes and cards throughout the house for my mom to find. he is the king of coupons. he has five jokes that he tells over and over. and over. he loves me and my brothers like his own children. he and my mom are best friends.

{photo credit: me}

happy father's day to my wonderful step-dad, dale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground