a list of gifts

Sunday, June 5, 2011

{photo credit: weheartit.com}

"joy is the realest reality, the fullest life, 
and joy is always given, never grasped. 
God gives gifts and i give thanks and i unwrap the gift given: joy...
do not disdain the small
the whole of the life-even the hard-is made up of minute parts, 
and if i miss the infinitesimals, i miss the whole...
wherever you are, be all there...
i want to slow down and taste life, give thanks, and see God." 
-ann voskamp from one thousand gifts

on this sunday, i am thankful for much. mostly small things, "minute" things, but these small things are what makes up my day, my week, my life. i am thankful for waking up to no alarm, french press coffee, time with Jesus before my days begins fully.

{photo credit: weheartit.com}

i am thankful for my mom and step-dad's unconditional love and support, for my dad's generosity and my step-mom's loving nature. for new music, gift giving, baked goods coming out of the oven, kindness in all of its many forms, unexpected compliments, beauty in simplicity.

{photo credit: weheartit.com}

i am thankful for employed brothers, authors who can pen books that speak directly to my heart, memories, goals that i have met, cream cheese frosting, adventures, chilled watermelon, looking back at old prayers and seeing how many have been answered, my roommate amy and her sweet boyfriend, visits from friends, rainy days.


{photo credit: weheartit.com}

i give thanks for running in the evening, surprise gift cards in the mail from my dad, successfully completing a project, using what i have before i buy something new, baseball hats, laughing, laughing, laughing, finding what i'm looking for...

i'll elaborate more on this list soon. until then, what's on your list?

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for my husband who loves no matter what, my parents who even though I'm married still let me stay at their house when husband is gone all week for work. I'm thankful for friends who even though we don't see each other as often as we'd like we pick back up right where we left off! I'm thankful for small town with lots of charming places to visit. I'm thankful for all of my family and what each of them has contributed to my life. I'm thankful for lacey and chelsea's blogs that keep me entertained when work is boring!

    Love you Lacey Loo! Cannot wait to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground