three day weekend

Friday, January 27, 2012

{photo credit}

helloooooo and happy friday! i started a new job last week that allows me to have three day weekends every weekend, and i think i might just burst from happiness. i've only been on the job a total of seven days, but it's going really well. my new co-workers are awesome, and it doesn't hurt that cup a joe is directly across the street from our office. 

i feel like i was just telling you guys that i had gotten a new job and, now, here i am starting a new one. i promise i'm not a flighty job hopper, but since i've lived in raleigh, i've had six different jobs (if you count professional sunbather during my unemployment). does that sound bad? i hope not. i promise i'm a good employee and a hard worker. if you hired me to work for you, you wouldn't regret it. i make really yummy french press coffee, and i actually like organizing and filing. weirdo. 

anyways, since i can no longer wear scrubs (waaaahhh), i am going through my closet, trying to pull together some professional outfits. it's not as fun as going out and buying a whole new wardrobe. well, it kind of is. it's fun to put different pieces together and see what i come up with. the problem is that i've looked at my wardrobe about 7,000 times, so all i see is one skirt, two skirt, red shirt, blue shirt. i need fresh eyes. thank goodness for pinterest.

{photo credit}


{photo credit}


{photo credit}


{photo credit}

{photo credit}


{photo credit}


{photo credit}

oh, and i forgot to mention. my new job gives me an annual $200 to send on work attire. um, what? did me and my work just become best friends? yup. i can't decide if i want to buy ten items at target or one item at j.crew. who am i kidding? i'm going to goodwill. 


5 comments:

  1. love to join you at goodwill. think i could have half of that 200?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I took Fashion Merchandising as a college major (really, I did. Right after I dropped out of Computer Science) I learned a great fashion formula from a local store.

    2 + 2 + 5 = 30

    2 Suits + 2 Skirts + 5 Blouses = 30 different outfit combinations.

    Well obviously, you have to pick the 2 and 2 that are compatible color combinations. I would make one black (goes with everything). Then accessories always make it interesting and fun.

    It gave me a great start on a business wardrobe when I needed to focus on having stuff work together rather than a ton of individual outfits.

    See what you already have. You already have much of a great fashion formula I'm sure!!!

    Hugs!!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever go to Steinmart, TjMaxx, Marshalls, or Ross? Goodwill might have the super best buys, but these are less likely to be hit or miss. Steinmart actually gets pricy, but it's all kinds of fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'll acutally LOVE getting dressed up every day. I loev dressing professional for work- it makes me feel like I am really going somewhere. Although I am SO jealous that you get $200 every month just to buy clothes. That's got to be the best job ever!

    New follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so fun! I love the outfit choices here : ) Um, so they're pretty much paying for your wardrobe? Win! I feel ya, I'm all about some Goodwill. New follower!

    Jenn

    passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground