andrew belle makes my heart swell

Wednesday, July 13, 2011


{photo credit: lostinconcert.com}

this character has stolen my heart. look at him. he's rocking pink and stripes. like a boss. i don't remember how or when we first met, and i can't speak for andrew belle when i say this, but, for me, it was love at first sound bite. check him out here and download several of his acoustic songs for $free.99. that's zero dollars. you can't get any more free than that. his cover of counting crows "colorblind" is seriously good.

{photo credit: acuvi.org}

"woe is me
faithless you and selfish me
i will leave a key for you outside my doorway

woe is me
one if by the land, or two by sea
so won't you leave, for me, a light outside your doorway

on a ladder from there to here i'll climb
all this clatter between my ears i find
does it matter if i cant clear my mind?
there's a right and a wrong time

woe is me
sentimental you and faithful me
and i will be the one to gaze on you discreetly

slow your speed
turn yourself around and follow me
cause i will be the one who preys upon you sweetly

on a ladder from there to here i'll climb
all this clatter between my ears i find
does it matter if i can't clear my mind?
there's a right and a wrong time"
-from the ladder

one of my favorite songs by mr. belle is static waves with katie herzig. good stuff right there. i just listened to it again, and i may have gotten butterflies in my stomach from the sound of his voice. no, i didn't. that's silly.

(i did.)

p.s. my friend eric informed me that he is playing in charlotte in september. be still my beating heart. 

2 comments:

  1. Ace, Kev and I love him! we first discovered him last fall when he opened for our boy Tyrone Wells, Kev bought his cd. such a great voice! miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. Will check out his songs. The lyrics are good, sounds discreetly like a christian artist, am I wrong? Thanks for dropping by my blog with a laugh, you made my day girl! HAve a sweet weekend!

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground